Personal Injuries in Colorado
The Attorneys at the Injury & Recovery Law Center Can Help
A personal injury may be defined as an injury caused by another person’s negligent act or omission, which results in injury or death. In Colorado, negligent acts resulting in a personal injury are all too common. Federal and Colorado state legislatures have reviewed this issue in recent years, addressing issues of texting while driving and DUI, but much preventative work still remains to be done. Anyone who has suffered a personal injury because of the wreckless action of another should contact an experienced Colorado personal injury attorney and review his or her options for personal injury related financial compensation.
Common Causes of Personal Injuries:
- Vehicle Accidents Cars, motorcycles, and trucks cause a large number of personal injuries during road accidents in Colorado each year. Speed, weather, poor road conditions and alcohol and other drugs lead to many personal injuries in Colorado each year.
- Dangerous Drugs In Colorado, there are a confusing variety of drugs and chemicals available by prescription or over-the-counter, or even on the “street.” Medication errors occur regularly, and even adults ingest commonly available substances with harmful results, although children are especially at risk.
- Medical Malpractice Medical malpractice in Colorado may be defined as negligence on the part of a doctor or other healthcare professional by providing care outside normal standards, leading to injury or death.
- Defective Products Defective goods such as cars, appliances, toys and hardware account for a significant number of injuries, with many of these products imported from Asian and other overseas manufacturers. Yet, a disappointing number of defective products also originate in the United States as well, and many are found in Colorado.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents Injuries resulting from a slip and fall are quite common, and they occur at home, at work, out shopping, or at play. A seasoned attorney can best assess the events leading to the fall and suggest an effective course of action.
- Wrongful deaths Following the loss of a family member, it is important to seek closure regarding the circumstances of the death, although answers may be difficult to uncover. Determining how and why the loss occurred is a task for expert legal counsel.
- Insurance Disputes & Bad Faith In Colorado, insurance disputes have risen as soft economic conditions pressure consumers, businesses, and insurers. The most vulnerable members of the community-- the injured, sick, and elderly—are most affected by insurance disputes.
Contact our Injury Lawyers for a Free Personal Injury Case Review
If you or someone you love has been injured as a result of another person’s negligence, it is important to retain the services of an experienced Colorado personal injury attorney immediately. There are time limits for filing personal injury claims; therefore, it is imperative that you consult with a lawyer immediately after your accident. This will help you avoid missing any crucial deadlines. Call one of our Colorado personal injury attorneys today toll-free at 1 (800) 517-4439.